Skilled Personal Injury Representation For Truck Accident Victims
Large semi trucks and other commercial vehicles are a common sight on Missouri roads, including here in the Kansas City metro area. Unfortunately, truck accidents are also far more common than they should be.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a trucking accident caused by negligence, Burt Harriman, Attorney at Law, LLC, can help you seek the compensation you need and deserve. When you hire my firm, I will personally oversee every aspect of your case and will vigorously advocate for you at all times.
Who Is To Blame After A Trucking Accident?
Although drivers of smaller vehicles are sometimes responsible for causing truck accidents, blame often rests with the truck driver or someone related to the shipping process. Depending on the details, your case may involve numerous defendants, including:
- The truck driver (for driving negligently, breaking traffic laws or violating industry regulations)
- The trucking company, which likely owns the truck and was responsible for hiring, training and monitoring the driver
- The insurance company that wrote the commercial policy insuring the truck
- An auto mechanic who worked on the vehicle but was negligent in making repairs to the brakes or other critical components
- The workers who loaded the vehicle, if the accident was caused or exacerbated by cargo that was too heavy, improperly balanced or inadequately secured
- Other drivers, including those who contributed to the accident or your injuries
As you can see, trucking accidents are often complex and likely to involve numerous defendants. Trucking companies and insurers will aggressively fight to deny or limit their liability. You need a skilled attorney who understands the intricacies of these cases and is not afraid of these well-funded defendants.
Serious Injuries And High-Stakes Damages
Truck accidents are much more likely than other auto accidents to result in death, permanent disability or catastrophic injury to occupants of the smaller vehicle. Because of this, it is not unusual for damages in these cases to exceed a million dollars – all of which is necessary to cover the costs of things like:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis (paraplegia and quadriplegia)
- Permanent disability
- Broken bones, cuts and bruises
- Medical bills (past, present and future)
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
As your attorney, my goal is to ensure that you have the financial resources you need to help you live as normal a life as possible after the accident. I have profound respect for what you and your family have been through, and I will work tirelessly to hold the negligent parties accountable for the harm they have caused.
Discuss Your Case With An Attorney Who Listens And Cares
My office is located in Lexington, Missouri, and I represent clients throughout this side of the Kansas City metro. To schedule your free initial consultation with me, call 660-675-4344 or send me an email.